No announcement yet.

ForcedFirebird's m20 dyno thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny timing, here is a recent project that might be relevant 8^)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-3533 (Small).JPG
Views:	144
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	9877181
    My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
    4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

one tensioner on the timing belt is more than enough....
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
        one tensioner on the timing belt is more than enough....
        I don't understand your statement?? There is only one
        My M20 Frankenbuild(s)

Comment

yes there is only one but i'm against incorporating additional idlers, tensioners into the Vee belt system for the additional cost, points of failure and maintenance.

it would make more sense on an M30 which needs the extra space
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

yes there is only one but i'm against incorporating additional idlers, tensioners into the Vee belt system for the additional cost, points of failure and maintenance.
            You threw me on the 'timing belt'. You could run without the tensioner and idler and just use the manual adjusters and would be 100% stock BMW non maintenance parts. it allows to run a newer damper and one that's tuned (if there is any real difference) for the 84mm crank that I am running. I also have a ATI damper for my S54 that I am seeing what I can do for a hub.

it would make more sense on an M30 which needs the extra space
            Or a supercharger setup 8^)

(ignore the alternator holding up the SC, that was just to hold it while checking the SC > plenum > throttles alignment)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-3484 (Small).JPG Views:	0 Size:	92.6 KB ID:	9877254

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            Only options ATM are using a 24v damper, which is larger in diameter and has the OlT mark at 2 o'clock vs 10 o'clock (easy fix), will require custom CPS bracket and either change to vee belt damper, or serpentine alternator other oprtion is totally a custom /adapted unit.
            Sorry for derailing your thread I though it was relevant to your post, I will make a new thread
            My M20 Frankenbuild(s)

Comment

'Bird this is a great thread. Will be sure to post my dyno run here.
              "And then we broke the car. Again." Mark Donohue, "The Unfair Advantage"

Das Beast build thread

Comment

I'm not sweating it Keith, it's relevant. What did you do for the CPS?

Right on dvallis.

john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                X