• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220108_180457099_50.jpg
Views:	922
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	10041761I'm pulling out what little hair I have left on this iBooster swap.
    I started with a Honda unit that looks pretty identical to the Tesla unit but when plumbed and wired its spongy and the pedal pulses at the bottom of it's travel. (I've bled the snot out of it)

I purchased an actual Tesla unit this week and plumbed it up yesterday. This setup makes the pedal rock hard. Like barely any pedal travel. Barely any brakes.

I checked that the unit functions before plumbing it up and it was similar in feel to the Honda booster. As in I plug it in and you can push the plunger in by hand which you can't do if it's not powered up. So I know both units work. They just don't work in the car

Just feeling defeated looking for any insight.

If I reinstall the chase bays booster delete setup the brakes work fine. (Just a stiffer pedal than I prefer)

Comment

I installed the ibooster from a Volkswagen E-golf today, and hopefully it works when I get to testing it.

I used the clevis from the original e30 booster, which makes the clevis pin line up perfectly when the pedal is fully extended. The master is 23.81mm, so should feel different from the Tesla one.

Comment

I got mine working tonight with the Tesla booster. Once I had the front and rear plumbed correctly it works great. I had them backwards.

I would not recommend using the Honda CR-V unit as it caused a spongy pedal and just never worked right. It could have been a bad unit but it came from a 2019 car so I doubt it

FYI also, not all these units are the same. Well the castings of the pump are but the machining inside where the master cylinder fits in varies. So you really need to use a matching pump and master cylinder.

Wow does this thing work! It might almost work too good. Ill have to drive it some more and maybe make some adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizin01 View Post
          I got mine working tonight with the Tesla booster. Once I had the front and rear plumbed correctly it works great. I had them backwards.

I would not recommend using the Honda CR-V unit as it caused a spongy pedal and just never worked right. It could have been a bad unit but it came from a 2019 car so I doubt it

FYI also, not all these units are the same. Well the castings of the pump are but the machining inside where the master cylinder fits in varies. So you really need to use a matching pump and master cylinder.

Wow does this thing work! It might almost work too good. Ill have to drive it some more and maybe make some adjustments.
          That is great! From just looking at pictures, the Tesla and E-golf master cylinder look the same, but the CRV one is a different type.

Did you use the crv reservoar?

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post

That is great! From just looking at pictures, the Tesla and E-golf master cylinder look the same, but the CRV one is a different type.

Did you use the crv reservoar?
            I used the crv reservoir thats mounted to the master cylinder, I then used a universal brake fluid "tank"

Comment

has anyone done these with abs?

Comment

Originally posted by luckybk View Post
                has anyone done these with abs?
                Mine will be, shouldn't be any different though. Plumb the lines into the pump like stock.

Comment

I am looking for some alternatives to the crv relocated reservoir, and I might have stumbled on a solution, but have not tested it yet. The reservoirs from this part: https://www.trodo.com/brake-master-c...-0-204-788-355

Its from different Fords, and they are alsi Bosch parts. They look pretty similar when compared with pictures. However, there are loads of different Ford masters that are kind of similar but this is the one i have found to be pretty much exactly like the ibooster one.

Here it is with reservoar:

Comment

Morning iBooster team.

I am looking for a Master Cylinder inlet adapter for the MC so I can run a remote reservoir. I am utilizing this booster with an S54, and the airbox will not allow the factory reservoir to be used. Anyone have any insight?
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Finally got mine in. It's pretty tight. I might need a new resevoir
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                        Morning iBooster team.

I am looking for a Master Cylinder inlet adapter for the MC so I can run a remote reservoir. I am utilizing this booster with an S54, and the airbox will not allow the factory reservoir to be used. Anyone have any insight?
                        You can use 944 booster, E32 MC and stock reservoir if you move the assembly over 1.5 inches.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                          Morning iBooster team.

I used a CRV reservoir adapter on my Tesla unit. You can run that to a reservoir of your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
                            I am looking for some alternatives to the crv relocated reservoir, and I might have stumbled on a solution, but have not tested it yet.
                            Just curious why not use the CRV adapter?

Comment

I've been running one in my car for a while now, they work great. The pedal sensitivity requires can-bus communication.

Click image for larger version

Name:	243323486_10220597486510260_7498119983825704422_n.jpg
Views:	748
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	10046273

Comment

Originally posted by iman53 View Post

I used a CRV reservoir adapter on my Tesla unit. You can run that to a reservoir of your choice.
                                Do you have a part number for this CRV reservoir adapter? How are you utilizing the clutch line since I assume most of these reservoirs dont have that provision?
                                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Working...
                                X