No announcement yet.

TicTac M50 Turbo sedan, no more tictac. 2021 UPDATE, 1000hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I should update this, back on the road after a few years. Currently making 1005hp and 1161nm (856ft/lb in american) at 2.6bar of boost (37-38psi), these are crank hp. Sure, could make some more by just turning it up a bit but this is enough for the street.
    Finished the rear widebody, pulled the front fenders a bit behind the wheels to match. This had to be done anyways to be able to turn without the 225/45-17s hitting the sideskirts and fenders.
    A lot to be done during the winter: some interior changes, drag wing, maybe a rear diffuser and other small things. Some pics, enjoy:

Link to first picture, a bit bigger: https://micke.kuvat.fi/kuvat/e30%203...jpeg?img=img4k
    Click image for larger version  Name:	76D5C8F2-4D10-44B3-BEA0-F9EA2774983D.jpeg?img=img4k.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	10033781
    Click image for larger version  Name:	C20E625E-14FD-4C15-BC1E-31CD10899373.jpg?img=img2048.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.9 KB ID:	10033779
    Click image for larger version  Name:	FC350174-C0FB-4300-942D-9483B443E733.jpeg?img=img2048.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.2 KB ID:	10033780

Click image for larger version  Name:	02535669-E875-4187-A621-7037050C5175.jpg?img=medium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	10033776
    Last edited by micke_; 10-11-2021, 01:48 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/m1ckee_/

Comment

I had not come across your thread before now. very nicely done. I liked the tictac era, but much prefer this new look. Very nicely done on the widebody, that is some out of the box DIY thinking and the end result appears to be great. I'm not sure about that new front splitter but perhaps alludes to the craziness lurking under the hood haha.

Must be a hoot to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
        I had not come across your thread before now. very nicely done. I liked the tictac era, but much prefer this new look. Very nicely done on the widebody, that is some out of the box DIY thinking and the end result appears to be great. I'm not sure about that new front splitter but perhaps alludes to the craziness lurking under the hood haha.

Must be a hoot to drive.
        I'll make version 2.0 of the front bumper / splitter this winter, some small changes but nothing major

It's a handful to drive, the welded diff doesn't help at all. But changes planned for the diff and rear suspension also..

Comment

I like so many things about this build. The TicTac livery was great, everything about the powerplant too.
          I've never seen someone do a widebody like that, and I reaaaally like how you did that.

I assume you cut out at the bottom and inside the wheelwell somewhere also? Any cuts at the back?
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
            I like so many things about this build. The TicTac livery was great, everything about the powerplant too.
            I've never seen someone do a widebody like that, and I reaaaally like how you did that.

I assume you cut out at the bottom and inside the wheelwell somewhere also? Any cuts at the back?
            You should start a whole new thread on the widebody alone, its so clean. This was one hell of an update!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              This car is the best... actually giving me motivation to work on mine haha!
              4 years later and we're starting to get some updates!...
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

Thanks!

It was cut all the way from the b-pillar to the tail lights. Underside of the rocker panels the whole length of the rear doors, all the way around the inner wheelwell , and continued all the way to the rear panel under the bumper / taillights. And ofcourse the door jamb and inside of the rear doors also..

Comment

Thank you for the info!

If you find any more pics of the widebody work that was done, I'm sure they'd be well received here haha

Did you have to modify the rear bumper at all, or can it just bend enough to fit?
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

The rear bumper fits without any mods!

Some more pictures, first one shows the quarters quite good. (yes, the rear door trim is broken, won't line up perfectly with the front door trim but I'm getting another one..) Test fitted my Style37 too, fronts are 9" and rears 9.5". Hoping to fit some 285/30 or something similar in the rear, I don't think 18"s look big at all on this car..
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	F286841E-CA89-4622-9B2F-857DC8F8206F.jpg?img=full.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.2 KB ID:	10035351
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	BAA185A3-BABC-42C9-ADB6-F0CF9FDECCC6.jpg?img=full.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	10035352
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2FC04BE3-90E2-4B16-9431-2B78339221F1.jpg?img=full.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.3 KB ID:	10035353

Comment

Originally posted by micke_ View Post
                      Thanks!

I contacted a german company that makes other liveries, asked them if it could be done. Got the liveries and put them on the car ourselves, what a PITA:D
                      Could you share the name of the company? Looking to livery my car in the future, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by RyWar View Post

Could you share the name of the company? Looking to livery my car in the future, thank you!
                        CanĀ“t remember, over 5 years ago

Minor updates:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	2EAF111B-1D6E-437B-BC76-E494CFE49150.jpg?img=medium.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	10057844

Name:	0320A17C-34F5-4307-8393-DF565DA778AC.jpg?img=medium.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	10057843

Name:	8325C919-33E1-456E-BE56-8FDE52D7582B.jpeg?img=medium.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	10057845

Name:	D8912A42-6284-430C-B093-560C42F207EC.jpg?img=medium.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	10057846

Comment

Getting definite foxbody vibes with that drag wing.
                          Does look good colourmatched to the car.

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Whats it do down the strip?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Is that a 210mm differential? I have a 210 question that I haven't yet seen an answer to. How does the carrier differ between the low ratios and higher ratios like the 188? I.e. 2.93 uses a different carrier than 3.64 or another more common ratio. If it does, where is the dividing line? I've been looking for a 210mm diff for my E34 but have been balking because LSDs are rare enough without taking into account the low ratio, which I have never seen for sale anywhere, ebay or otherwise.

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                [CoTM: 4-18]
                                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                                - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
                                X