Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

Then drive it up the coast to the Bay and help my tune mine in SF. Do it!
    Could make it worth the trip out. You'd get a great flavor of California, you'd get to tune a bunch of awesome BMWs (maybe even my buddy E30Bastard ) if he hurrys up and turbos his M20 also...
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Never moving to Florida!.. E46 o2 sensors are fixed and I have the good ECU back in the MR2. Besides there’s things happening

...if anything you should take a trip out here and help tune my cousins 2002... he’s selling it because he can’t get any good help
      whats wrong w it
      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
      Q
      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Could make it worth the trip out. You'd get a great flavor of California, you'd get to tune a bunch of awesome BMWs (maybe even my buddy E30Bastard ) if he hurrys up and turbos his M20 also...
        Yeah, I need to hurry up with my turbo build as well. I just need to get my daily back on the road so I can jump in with MegaSquirt.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

whats wrong w it
          Its running, but needs the exhaust finished and needs to be tuned.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Ok, next quick poll question:

Would you rather deal with repairing fiberglass or non-structural rust?

...asking for a friend...
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

Rust probably. Repairing fiberglass sounds itchy and like it'll take lots of sanding. Depends on the severity and complexity of each though.

Comment

Never moving to Florida!.. E46 o2 sensors are fixed and I have the good ECU back in the MR2. Besides there’s things happening

...if anything you should take a trip out here and help tune my cousins 2002... he’s selling it because he can’t get any good help
                Can't get help? I thought Ca was car guy heaven?

Depends on where the rust is. Floor pan? Easy to fix because it's not cosmetic. Compound curved exterior facing panel? No thanks. That's a can of worms. The good thing about fiberglass repair relative to rust repair is welding is removed from the equation. To fix rust you have to be anywhere between a half decent and very good welder with a good machine. You can't really fluxcore spatter weld a visible panel with a HF welder like mine and expect it to go well. Fiberglass repair certainly has its own challenges, and requires a suit and quality respirator, but you don't have to worry about burning through the panel, warping it with poor heat application, or buying a nice welder and gas setup. Fiberglass is also easier to build up and shape than metal is. Producing a curved steel patch panel is an art all its own.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 1-26

Comment

Making a wild guess, but don't buy a crashed Lotus.

Comment

Whoops.

Finishing my run at an autocross yesterday, full throttle 7k RPM, and someone installed a fresh copy of Windows 95 in my G260.

I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

Can't get help? I thought Ca was car guy heaven?
                      I want to say something about making assumptions, but Im guilty of assuming everyone in Florida does Bath Salts and has an alligator as a pet.

He lives in the middle of farm country and isnt really a car-guy like you and I. The last megasquirt guy that was supposed to help him sold him thousands of work on a turbo upgrade and then didnt want to deal with the megasquirt. ~100 miles away from him.

The rust is in the rockers, which on an Alfa is 3 layers. So the outer rocker with bubbling scares the sh!t out of me.. whoops, I mean... it scares my friend

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Making a wild guess, but don't buy a crashed Lotus.

Melon what exploded?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

If I had to guess the disc lost a spring. It's still drivable, but is really unbalanced. I'll know more once I get the car in the air and take a look. Hoping to have it dropped this week.
                        I do things.

Comment

E30 got jealous of the 345
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Pulled the trans last night, it's pretty bad.
                            Full carnage photos here: https://bit.ly/3tXcXgU
                            I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                              Pulled the trans last night, it's pretty bad.
                              Full carnage photos here: https://bit.ly/3tXcXgU
                              Nice, haven't see that level of damage within a bellhousing on a regular car before.

Comment

Means something coming from you sir.
                                Does make me feel better actually, that this was a bit of a fluke.

And don't use the Clutch Masters FX 250 on an M20, this aside, it's an on off switch and sucks.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X