No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what's really not funny? My house, that I've fixed up substantially has gone from an online estimator tool value of 330k in 2018 to 240k currently. In that same time frame all of my neighbors properties have gone up in approximated value somewhere between 20 and 30 percent, which matches the general rise in sale price of the area quite closely.

Clearly those estimators are just based on some uncontrollable criteria and do not reflect actual value, but potential buyers certainly use them when purchasing.

Makes sense to me. FML.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

Which area are you in?

Phoenix, AZ

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      You know what's really not funny? My house, that I've fixed up substantially has gone from an online estimator tool value of 330k in 2018 to 240k currently. In that same time frame all of my neighbors properties have gone up in approximated value somewhere between 20 and 30 percent, which matches the general rise in sale price of the area quite closely.

Clearly those estimators are just based on some uncontrollable criteria and do not reflect actual value, but potential buyers certainly use them when purchasing.

Makes sense to me. FML.
      Stuff like zillow and other estimators widely vary. If you actually listed then took it down, your value is likely just like your neighbors. Sometimes those estimators go off of your purchase or last sold price, when in reality this market is crazy and you would get in-line what your neighbors are paying/getting. etc. It's said that in the last 30 days alone many hot markets are up 23%. IN THE LAST 30 DAYS. There aren't enough homes in a lot of areas, so prices are skyrocketing.

I know someone selling soon, and 4 houses down a 1,000 sq ft smaller house just sold for $75k OVER list... insane.
      Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

aww ok, yeah AZ is right next to Cali so that makes sense.
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

aww ok, yeah AZ is right next to Cali so that makes sense.
          Yep, the amount of people swooping in and paying cash or overpaying for houses is part of the problem. It's not just Cali transplants. It's from all over.

Comment

Same here. Neighbor decided to sell during the frenzy, got 30% more than the house was worth (aka "valued") during the 07 bubble - then had trouble finding a rental last month, had to very "under-settle", and the monthly payments actually increased substantially. A house has been being built at our corner, was a slab 3yr ago when we moved in, now is a duplex town home, each half having 5/3, single garage, and one half just sold for $550k. The single homes on the street are typically 3/2 or 4/2 with single garage single family, and were selling about 300 in 2019. I'm beside myself they got over .5m for a half duplex here.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

2mAn you're in the most recent Donut Media YouTube video at 5:58

Thanks for Omaze for sponsoring today’s video! For your chance to win a Ram 1500 TRX and $20,000 and support a great cause, enter at http://omaze.com/donutme...

Fame is right around the corner! Haha
              My previous build (currently E30-less)
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

lol I saw that if only it had a link to my OWN youtube page
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Looking for cars is a pain in my ass. Everything is several hours + away and it’s hard to get people to send even reasonable pics. I was even looking at early E39s for a while there but decided against it because I don’t want to deal with the programming and stuff when I do a manual swap. Have not seen a single E34 wagon for sale in FL other than some RHD diesel unicorn and very few RWD Volvos that aren’t junk.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                    2mAn you're in the most recent Donut Media YouTube video at 5:58

Thanks for Omaze for sponsoring today’s video! For your chance to win a Ram 1500 TRX and $20,000 and support a great cause, enter at http://omaze.com/donutme...

Fame is right around the corner! Haha

Link to the time in the video
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd

Comment

They use the same clip multiple times... the REAL star of that is our VERY OWN MAX ( WestCoastEta ) , whom if you didnt know does a lot of the work at Donut in the background
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Link to the time in the video
                        Thanks for being smarter than me.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          They use the same clip multiple times... the REAL star of that is our VERY OWN MAX ( WestCoastEta ) , whom if you didnt know does a lot of the work at Donut in the background
                          Heard him referenced before, didn't know that! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for being smarter than me.
                            naw bud, we all in this together!
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

Heard him referenced before, didn't know that! Thanks for sharing.
                              Yup, that’s his sexy mad max eta that Rad auctions said he should sell at no-reserve... just wait... just wait...
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                                Looking for cars is a pain in my ass. Everything is several hours + away and it’s hard to get people to send even reasonable pics. I was even looking at early E39s for a while there but decided against it because I don’t want to deal with the programming and stuff when I do a manual swap. Have not seen a single E34 wagon for sale in FL other than some RHD diesel unicorn and very few RWD Volvos that aren’t junk.
                                I think there is a conspiracy happening, there was someone snatching up all of the E34 wagons I feel like a year ago, now they are quite hard to come by. Anything priced reasonably is gone quick. Because I'm super indecisive and won't have the funds to pull the trigger for a bit longer, I am looking at stuff when I shouldn't be. Still, I see them, then they are gone. (incl surrounding areas).

In good news, spent the last few days painting my entire house inside, prepping for sale, hopefully get the rest of the fixes and other things done asap. Got a love/hate relationship with my airless sprayer, that's for sure. Painted the entire outside of the house 5ish years ago, got some touch up to do there too - I'm no pro, but I've gotten a handle on using it again. Trying to have as clean and as fresh of a canvas for people who see the house. House down the street ended up going for about 20k over what it was pending at. I want a piece of that action. I think new countertops would really pop and help, but we'll see if I have the money to do that after carpet is installed in a few spots - that's not something I really want to DIY honestly. I've been told I'll get 20+ offers without lifting a finger, but a tiny bit of sweat equity before sale I'm ok with doing to get more on the back end.
                                Last edited by DEV0 E30; 05-19-2021, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X