No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got good credit, I'm a man (i think, not a biologist), I'm almost 30, but I live in southern California..
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

ZIP code makes a big difference. When I moved, nothing else changed but my address, I moved 11 miles and my rate went up by 10% IIRC. All because I went from the town I was in to the neighboring city, which has worse crime and accident stats and is notorious for being a hotbed of uninsured, unlicensed drivers. Of course I got screwed there because I'm only technically in that city, I live on the outskirts bordering a nicer city where there is a lot less crime and fewer crashes. The E30 is garage kept and fully insured and it's cheaper to insure than the E34 despite the E34 having worse coverage. Insurance is weird to an outsider.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Heyyoooo
        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          I'm a man (i think
          Prove it!

Currently building a badass coffee table
          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

Prove it!
            I think you meant define it, and don't use tallywacker in the definition...

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I think you meant define it, and don't use tallywacker in the definition...
              This may come across as satirical, maybe even controversial, but ding dong equals dude.

HAR HAR HAR I'M EVIL HAR HAR HAR
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Sounds stupid, checks out

Currently building a badass coffee table
                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                  Heyyoooo
                  Sup
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

god this place is ded af.

'member the good ol' days? :<

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      god this place is ded af.

'member the good ol' days? :<
                      Well, when the content we can post gets restricted, the interface becomes markedly worse, the spam/scamming gets out of control and site page loading times swing wildly between usable and glacial it's no surprise. Yeah FB didn't help, but neither did a whole load of pics getting locked down by various hosting entities.

I strongly suspect that people come to r3v for answers/research, but don't stay for the community since there is an easier way to engage.

The better question might be, why do we still bother?

Comment

depressing
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Yeah photobucket and other hosting issues definitely helped kill forums. It's just a shame people moved to facebook of all places, good lord even reddit is better than facebook. Facebook is so terrible in every way as a substitute for forums; search is almost nonfunctional, interface is clunky, filtering is god-awful, mobile web functionality hobbled to try and steer people toward the app. Makes me wonder why people use it for this sort of thing at all. Forums like this were some of the best sources of information for hobbyists and regular people who couldn't easily afford to have a shop do every job on their vehicles, and now your google searches give you a bunch of broken threads with no images, there aren't good guides on facebook. You still have to tell people to "search noob" on facebook, the difference is that there just isn't as much for them to find when they do.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

James needs to allow the NSFW thread again. Then we'll get some traction., bet!
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Photobucket really bent over forums. But what do you expect, nothing is free.

Just do it.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                                James needs to allow the NSFW thread again. Then we'll get some traction., bet!
                                Do it. Lets see what happens lol
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X