Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

What's the deal with these, how do you find a set of only ITB's without having the buy a whole S54?
    they pop up for sure. People def grenade engines and part out what's left
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

There's like 15 sets of s54 ITB's on eBay right now.

john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
        Crazy how life gets in the way and tanks your motivation to do something sometimes.
        This summer man, I'm telling you. I can't get shit done because every weekend there's a wedding, reunion, birthday, (Edit: 600 babies,) etc.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

What's the deal with these, how do you find a set of only ITB's without having the buy a whole S54?
          I had some junk to sift through and had most of everting laying around the shop.

But there are as mentioned some that pop up on eBay. I assume once these kits take off they’ll become harder to find.

Mk60 are getting hard to find.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Hot damn, currently the cheapest ITB's are $775. Is that even a good price? I assume the waiting game isn't worth the few extra bucks saved. I am interested in this path, way down the line. But I should get a set before the lowest is over 1k.

Currently building a badass coffee table
            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

It’s cheaper to swap the whole motor.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                Speaking of NA expensive to make fast…

I got my S54 RRD ITB kit on.. Just trying to sort things out with tuners.
                Neat product. What engine is your kit going on? I was reading over the RRD product page, they said their exemplar S52 made 321whp@7500rpm. If that was its peak then surely they revved higher than that to find it was the peak. Because I am using the S52/M54 crank in my 3.0, I read into reliably revving the S52 that high. General consensus from people who did it was that you want the ATI crank damper if it's going to sustain those revs, and that chasing S54 numbers with an S52 would result in the S54 being the cheaper option in the end. With my 3.0, my priority shifted from wanting to rev out and shoot for numbers like the ones Nisse Jarnet puts down (for which a 2.8 may have been better because of the RPM) to wanting to see what I can put down down, and downsize the turbo if I find that I am not able to put enough power down to justify the lag of the S366.
                Last edited by varg; 08-31-2022, 03:23 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                [CoTM: 4-18]
                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                  It’s cheaper to swap the whole motor.
                  I just swapped the whole motor though

Originally posted by varg View Post

Because I am using the S52/M54 crank in my 3.0, I read into reliably revving the S52 that high. General consensus from people who did it was that you want the ATI crank damper if it's going to sustain those revs, and that chasing S54 numbers with an S52 would result in the S54 being the cheaper option in the end. With my 3.0,
                  I also have a M54 crank for my 3.0L. And I kept the narrow runners of the M52 because I wanted the torque lower. So maybe throwing ITB's on it would negate that benefit. I don't want to increase the redline.

Comment

I

It's Friday!
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                      I

It's Friday!
                      WOOO!

Anyone got any exciting plans for the weekend?
                      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Seeing my dad & taking him to Rainforest Cafe, and installing AC in my car, hopefully. I made some new brackets to hold the fan on the condenser, but there's a little more work left with mounting the condenser (the core support is gone). I should have the system ready for a fill by next week.
                        In the meantime, my dad will probably not enjoy driving in my car with this heatwave lol

Comment

Finishing the 3L bottom end I should have had done months ago, doing some paint chip repair, valvetrain condition assessment, tint removal, ZF310 shift detents...

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Nice guys, a weekend of car stuff!

It's way too fucking hot to do that here in socal.. It's like 95 rn and humidity is at full tilt... But here I am doing a radiator on my e39..

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                              Nice guys, a weekend of car stuff!

It's way too fucking hot to do that here in socal.. It's like 95 rn and humidity is at full tilt... But here I am doing a radiator on my e39..
                              Had to escape the heat over the weekend. Went up to Northern AZ and the North Rim to sleep in the cold.

Labor Day Weekend 2022 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Tallest active fire watch tower in the Southwest, ~160 ft tall. Guy let us up and explained his job to us. Cool stuff.

My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Those views are awesome..

Comment

Working...
                                X