No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So apparently Pokemon cards are still a thing? Pulled out my old stuff and split some of them between my two oldest kids (11 and 8) ... they were ecstatic. Have some others set aside as incentives for good grades, etc. Easy Dad-win.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

Tallest active fire watch tower in the Southwest, ~160 ft tall. Guy let us up and explained his job to us. Cool stuff.
      Yeah, no way I'm climbing up that thing.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

Yeah, no way I'm climbing up that thing.
        Really stable tbh.

We were coming down and a group of 6 older folk were waiting to go up.

2/3rds of the way down they asked "How was it up there?" I told em it was actually a bit scary being that high.

One guy scoffed and said "It's got railings all the way around!" in an attempt to make me seem like a little baby or something.

Take a wild guess at who made it up only 2 of the 12 sets before turning around.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

What an amazing view! I'd go to the top of the tower, but I'd definitely be shakey going out to the edge.

There's an old tower in the Marin Headlands (just north of the Golden Gate from San Francisco) that I liked to visit. It's about 2 feet back from a big cliff, and you can't see the ground unless you lean over the platform. My hands get sweaty just thinking about it.

​​​​​​
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

My butt hole would be so clenched.
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Tallest active fire watch tower in the Southwest, ~160 ft tall. Guy let us up and explained his job to us. Cool stuff.
              Oh I'd love to go to there! Climbing up tall things is like my thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Img_2022_09_07_15_06_29.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	10067639

Name:	Img_2022_09_07_15_06_55.jpg
Views:	877
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	10067640

Name:	Img_2022_09_07_15_10_30.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	10067641

The new bridge down by San Pedro/Long Beach (Los Angeles harbor) is 205 above the water. I climbed to the top, all the way from the bottom, the night before it opened.

Attached Files

Currently building a badass coffee table
              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Really stable tbh.
                Craziest "climb" I've done was the cables hike up Half Dome. Long legs helped get between the blocks on that hike, not sure how shorter people could do it haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

Craziest "climb" I've done was the cables hike up Half Dome. Long legs helped get between the blocks on that hike, not sure how shorter people could do it haha.

I can't wait to go there!
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I can't wait to go there!
                    I lucked out, active wildfire and covid (Sept 2020) so apparently the crowds were wayyy down from normal. We could park in any lot or pull out area in the park which is not normal. Still super worth visiting.

Comment

My E30's old wood shift knob lives on in my E28 as of yesterday.
                      Had it sitting on my office desk for a couple years.

Got it from a parts car in 2014 and used it first with my M20, then M52 both with the Getrag 260.

Think it's originally from a 2002?

Comment

I got a free parts washer, it works pretty well too.

Name:	IMG_6956.jpg
Views:	792
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	10071686

Also I finally started the swap in the E34 this weekend.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

^
                          Don't forget the rinse aid, water spots on the car parts just won't do.

Comment

curious to see before and after pics
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Panici looks like one from an 02. Nice

I used an oven once to bake some high temp exhaust paint once... thats as wild as I've gotten in that regard
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                                curious to see before and after pics
                                Here are some of the dirtiest parts I had, absolutely caked with oily dirt. I sprayed them with degreaser (purple power) and let them sit for a half hour, then flipped them over and ran the dishwasher with a cascade pod in it. I think with better detergent they'd be cleaner, but I'm hesitant to run this thing with a bunch of degreaser in it because it may foam out of control. The limitation is that the face exposed to the jets is the only one that gets significant cleaning. What's left after comes of fairly easily, but the dishwasher definitely does not do a great job of cleaning such awfully dirty parts, they still need to be sprayed down again and have the buildup scraped off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7073.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	10072307

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7077.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	10072308

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                [CoTM: 4-18]
                                '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                                - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
                                X