No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The night before the first of my final exams at school (English, written) I managed just under two hours of sleep.
    Downside: After having to get up I walked right into the doorframe.
    Upside: Aced the exam, full points no errors.
    I wrote 7.5 pages, I don't remember ANY of them....

Usually I get around 5 hours, sometimes 6.
    I'm usually up rather long (working, watching online-videos when no-one's eating up bandwidth, or having conversations on American Forums), and with my alarm currently going off at 6:40 am that does not leave much time for sleep.

Max
    E30-Fan from Germany, here to learn about and get some inspiration for my next car.

Comment

Came upon a horrible accident involving a motorcyclist and Honda CRV today. The bike was torn in half and the CRV was completely smashed. There were cops and first responders doing their best to conceal the aftermath and usher people along but as I drove past I had a clear view of the motorcyclist laying alone on the ground, covered by a white sheet.

Suddenly seeing that was honestly pretty distressing. I think about death a lot, and suddenly seeing it right in front of me was unsettling. I turned off the music and drove the rest of the way home in silence. All you motorcycle riders stay safe. Every time I see or hear some guy riding like a maniac I always cringe. I can't imagine being a cop and having to deal with scenes like that on a regular basis.
      My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        yes, you probably are. can you install a pleated paper filter somewhere in the return line?

i don't know how to do any of that shit

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
          Came upon a horrible accident involving a motorcyclist and Honda CRV today. The bike was torn in half and the CRV was completely smashed. There were cops and first responders doing their best to conceal the aftermath and usher people along but as I drove past I had a clear view of the motorcyclist laying alone on the ground, covered by a white sheet.

Suddenly seeing that was honestly pretty distressing. I think about death a lot, and suddenly seeing it right in front of me was unsettling. I turned off the music and drove the rest of the way home in silence. All you motorcycle riders stay safe. Every time I see or hear some guy riding like a maniac I always cringe. I can't imagine being a cop and having to deal with scenes like that on a regular basis.
          Know that every motorcyclist knows the risks. Is it sad, yes. Could it have been prevented, perhaps. I've had friends that were doing nothing wrong and were hit by a drunk driver. I've also had friends that were doing wheelies down the freeway and then went down. I have had to lay my bike down to try and not hit another. Luckily I wasn't hit by traffic.

A couple of years I ago, I got the impression to sell my bike. I had it for 11 years, put 23k miles on it. I loved that bike. But I sold it anyways. Not sure why, but my guess is that I would have gotten into an accident and not come out too well.

I also help a guy that had a motorcycle crash and now cant feel anything below his waist.

Seeing death makes you realize you're not invincible, you can die. I think what's worse is becoming a paralyzed/vegetable. That is what scares me more.
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

you ever run your hand up and down your shin and feel all these dents?
            is that natural or just years of kicking and being kicked or skateboards chopping to the shins ect?

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
              is that natural or just years of kicking and being kicked or skateboards chopping to the shins ect?
              my biker friends used to call them dirt jumps. I'm pretty sure its just natural.
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                I'm more concerned about the longevity of my ankles to be honest. Skateboarding + getting older + lingering ankle problems = will I be able to walk when I'm 60?
                Steve • Toronto
                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                Build Thread

Comment

Skateboarding is for kids. There was a time I would attempt to pressure flip off a 5 stair or Switch Bigspin Inward Heelflip a dozen or more times to get it right once and be a little sore the next day, but that was 13 years ago. Now if I roll my ankle it's sore for a couple of weeks and if I were to break something it would cost me money and time I can't afford to lose. You just can't beat youth and lack of responsibility. So I push around campus and ollie over a gap in the sidewalk once in a while, but I'm done with tricks and tiny wheels.

(edit)
                  I still ride a motorcycle though.
                  Last edited by varg; 07-09-2018, 08:13 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

I was walking to the printer at work right now and my ankle was like "Im going to f*** with you today" and instantly I was limping. Old BMX injuries and partially torn ankle ligaments ...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I have partial tears in both my knees from wrestling 10+ years ago...those are really starting to bite me in the ass. On top of those, my left achilles has been excruciatingly tight lately - despite tons of stretching, it still feels like it's ready to snap. I got up the other morning and almost fell over as soon as I put weight on it.

Never thought I'd feel like I'm 65+ at 27. Maybe it's time for my first trip to the doctor in 3.5 years.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                      Sounds like you need a massage.
                      Originally posted by kpeng
                      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                        I'm more concerned about the longevity of my ankles to be honest. Skateboarding + getting older + lingering ankle problems = will I be able to walk when I'm 60?
                        Even since I was about 12 or 13 I've had terribly noisy ankles. It's especially bad when driving manual and I have to shift quickly with my left foot. There's this massive CRACK! sound like I literally broke my ankle as I depress the clutch. My GF always cringes whenever she hears it. I like to blame it on my 30 year old e30 ;) It doesn't hurt at all, but I've since started doing these foot and ankle exercises which has drastically reduced/eliminated the noise, and enabled me to run MUCH easier (tight muscles in my hamstrings, shins and calf muscles). I just have to set aside 10-15 minutes daily to do them. But the comfort as opposed to the tightness is like night and day!

I still longboard, snowboard and ride my motorbike, so I know I'll be ok for a while
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Here I am at 34 years old and been skateboarding for 20+ years and I'm trying to teach my kids how to do basic tricks, as I'm huffing and puffing sweating bullets for them all I get is "dad can we just go play fortnite". What happened to enjoying the out doors lol.
                          03 infiniti G35 sedan
                          90 325i vert

Comment

HA! Wait till y'all are in your 40's.

Actually my body is doing surprisingly well for the damage I have done over the years. I get a pop from L2 now and again, but the doc says the very slightly degenerated disc in the back of a hard laborer is better then the norm. When it bothers me, just jump in the inversion chair (I keep at the shop lol) for a few minutes and it's good until I tweak it again. Also have a slightly torn labrum in the right shoulder that has never been repaired, everyone who went through the surgery says it bothers them more after the fact. Just have an annoying click/pain in certain range of motions.

The thing I am most happy about, though, is my vision. All my 40-something friends are needing glasses, I was checked in at 20/13 vision just a couple years ago. All my kids wear glasses, the optometrist actually challenged me on it and tested me, on the house, to prove it wrong. Dead silence after.
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:
                            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I've always wanted an inversion chair. Not for any pain or anything, but just because I like the way it makes my back feel.
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                                I've always wanted an inversion chair. Not for any pain or anything, but just because I like the way it makes my back feel.
                                I have one here in my office as well. I pop in it frequently. It does good things for capillary development within your brain, as well as helping stretch/realign things within the body.
                                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                                X