The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
    The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Stay safe!
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

let me know if i need to hitch up the boat, drive over there and help some people out of their houses.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Thanks everyone!

The storm turned out to be a dud, but we got a lot of rain, keeping an eye on that situation.
          I do things.

Comment

Watching it head in I didn't ever consider the winds the real threat because they were relatively weak, but the rain...

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
              Watching it head in I didn't ever consider the winds the real threat because they were relatively weak, but the rain...
              The rain was my only real worry.

Looking at the river stages, there won't be any flooding.
              That's a relief, it was looking like a real possibility last week.
              I do things.

Comment

What advice do you guys have for someone looking to switch career industries? I'm 31 and work in the event marketing / production world but have burnt out on it and want to do something different. My background is in graphic design, but I've transitioned in my company to more of a project director / client manager.

I feel I've gone as far as I can with my company and next step would be becoming a part owner, which the owner isn't interested in having at the moment.
                Steve • Toronto
                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                Build Thread

Comment

It doesn't sound like you need a whole new career, just a new job with room to grow
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

i might suggest pimping as a career? you let the bitches and hoes do all the work but you reap all the cash.

the down side is that when one of them gets lazy, you have to knock her around a little in order to set an example for all the rest.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                      What advice do you guys have for someone looking to switch career industries? I'm 31 and work in the event marketing / production world but have burnt out on it and want to do something different. My background is in graphic design, but I've transitioned in my company to more of a project director / client manager.

I feel I've gone as far as I can with my company and next step would be becoming a part owner, which the owner isn't interested in having at the moment.

Lots of options...I did my MBA when I wanted to switch. Wouldn’t necessarily recommend that, it’s a pricey and time consuming way to switch but it can work.

It may be that you’ve outgrown your company and need to get into a bigger org to get more exposure to a broader range of projects / problems. What do you like about what you currently do?

Or there’s always pimping.

Ezekiel 25:17
                      Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                      The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post

Lots of options...I did my MBA when I wanted to switch. Wouldn’t necessarily recommend that, it’s a pricey and time consuming way to switch but it can work.

It may be that you’ve outgrown your company and need to get into a bigger org to get more exposure to a broader range of projects / problems. What do you like about what you currently do?

Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                        The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                          Thanks everyone!

The storm turned out to be a dud, but we got a lot of rain, keeping an eye on that situation.

Happy to heart that. Hurricane damage is no fun. So much better when a storm get hyped up, then fails to deliver vs the ones that seem harmless and do damage. I moved to FL in 1988 and the first storm I saw was Andrew, but was living on the West coast then, so it was minimal for us. Then there was a long dry spell before we got bombarded for several years in a row in the early-mid 00's.

Wilma did $40k damage to my house, and the insurance companies were so backed up, there were storm-chasing adjusters coming out and doing quick/dirty estimates. Two months later I got a check in the mail for $6k which didn't even cover the custom wood flooring, or the shingles I needed to re-roof. Ended up getting the rest through amendments, but it was a nightmare as the insurance companies were going broke.

On the other hand, I was a contractor back then - specializing in insurance damage restorations, we were busy for some time. One of the fire jobs I was on (illegal addition on the house before the fire had be completely rebuilt) got wiped out during Wilma or Francis - we had so many in such a short time forget all the related damages to names (Mathew, Wilma, Francis, Jeanne, Katrina, etc).
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post

If you want a MBA but don't care about what you actually learn. (Because you already know it) check out online. If you didn't use your FAFSA 5000$ unsubsidized loans you might be able to even get a zero interest loan that you don't even pay till your done.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                            91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Id suggest looking at larger companies...

Are you burnt out of the work you are NOW doing, or the industry? Any interest in going back to what you originally started out doing?
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Prime day:
                                Whose getting this bad boy?
                                https://www.amazon.com/Human-Touch-G...DCAS90EVDTK2KC
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X