Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Lets see what this $2 Trillion dollars will do... whoopsies getting into the P&R topics! hah

The thing we should take away is now is the time to support those who support us more than ever. Ive been communicating with Forced Firebird, just placed an order with Bluntech and this should be a reminder that this can hit VERY close to home if we arent careful and smart about where we spend our nickels and dimes
    It's a decent amount of money. Considering there's about 200m adults over 18yr old here....
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      ^

So your not in Montucky anymore ?
      Not for this year. Took an internship through the waffleswaffleswaffles to put me in California for all of 2020 and then back to Montana to finish my PhD in 2021 (hopefully).

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Shop picked up today, luckily, got a couple big tickets.

My brother got furloughed... Sucks, this whole situation is pretty bad, maybe worse than it should be.

I cannot tell if the media is blowing this up out of proportion or what the deal is.

This did not happen when H1N1 hit the US, which was way more deadly than COVID-19, with 80% of deaths occurring in people younger than 65 and 12k deaths in the US in one year.

Looking at previous pandemics, this one does seem to be blown out of proportion to the point where our economy came to a screeching halt, because of our TRASH news outlets

The 2009 H1N1 Pandemic: A New Flu Virus Emerges

The (H1N1)pdm09 virus was very different from H1N1 viruses that were circulating at the time of the pandemic. Few young people had any existing immunity (as detected by antibody response) to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus, but nearly one-third of people over 60 years old had antibodies against this virus, likely from exposure to an older H1N1 virus earlier in their lives. Since the (H1N1)pdm09 virus was very different from circulating H1N1 viruses, vaccination with seasonal flu vaccines offered little cross-protection against (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection. While a monovalent (H1N1)pdm09 vaccine was produced, it was not available in large quantities until late November—after the peak of illness during the second wave had come and gone in the United States. From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

Disease Burden of the H1N1pdm09 Flu Virus, 2009-2018

Since the 2009 H1N1 pandemic, the (H1N1)pdm09 flu virus has circulated seasonally in the U.S. causing significant illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths.

More
        Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.** Globally, 80 percent of (H1N1)pdm09 virus-related deaths were estimated to have occurred in people younger than 65 years of age. This differs greatly from typical seasonal influenza epidemics, during which about 70 percent to 90 percent of deaths are estimated to occur in people 65 years and older.

Though the 2009 flu pandemic primarily affected children and young and middle-aged adults, the impact of the (H1N1)pdm09 virus on the global population during the first year was less severe than that of previous pandemics. Estimates of pandemic influenza mortality ranged from 0.03 percent of the world’s population during the 1968 H3N2 pandemic to 1 percent to 3 percent of the world’s population during the 1918 H1N1 pandemic. It is estimated that 0.001 percent to 0.007 percent of the world’s population died of respiratory complications associated with (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first 12 months the virus circulated.

The United States mounted a complex, multi-faceted and long-term response to the pandemic, summarized in The 2009 H1N1 Pandemic: Summary Highlights, April 2009-April 2010. On August 10, 2010, WHO declared an end to the global 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic. However, (H1N1)pdm09 virus continues to circulate as a seasonal flu virus, and cause illness, hospitalization, and deaths worldwide every year.
        -CDC
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

It's a decent amount of money. Considering there's about 200m adults over 18yr old here....
          pretty sure my household won't qualify which is probably a pretty wonderful problem to have. my wife is out of work though. my co-workers are calling in sick (scared) left and right. I have been busting ass flying almost every day. gonna have a great month. don't know what the future holds though. I might be sitting on my ass for the next few months......I guess you might say I am "getting it while the getting is still good".

it appears the airline stimulus package passed. hopefully that will bode well.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

pretty sure my household won't qualify which is probably a pretty wonderful problem to have. my wife is out of work though. my co-workers are calling in sick (scared) left and right. I have been busting ass flying almost every day. gonna have a great month. don't know what the future holds though. I might be sitting on my ass for the next few months......I guess you might say I am "getting it while the getting is still good".

it appears the airline stimulus package passed. hopefully that will bode well.
            That's good, a lot of people are posting (not here) about how they're still at work and complaining about it lol

Originally posted by wholepailofwater
            Q
            :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

This did not happen when H1N1 hit the US, which was way more deadly than COVID-19
              The only number for mortality rate I found for H1N1 is 0.02%, which is only about double that of the common flu. They also found a vaccine early on, which surely helped the panic.

COVID-19 is somewhere between 3-5% depending on where you read, but that number is massively dependent on detection and treatment capacity. Both of these are going to vary wildly nation-to-nation.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

You know, it's been such a long time since I've changed my WiFi broadcast name it's still H1N1. Clearly not deadly enough to keep it's place.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  Shop picked up today, luckily, got a couple big tickets.

My brother got furloughed... Sucks, this whole situation is pretty bad, maybe worse than it should be.

I cannot tell if the media is blowing this up out of proportion or what the deal is.

This did not happen when H1N1 hit the US, which was way more deadly than COVID-19, with 80% of deaths occurring in people younger than 65 and 12k deaths in the US in one year.

Looking at previous pandemics, this one does seem to be blown out of proportion to the point where our economy came to a screeching halt, because of our TRASH news outlets

-CDC
                  It's the large numbers of infection that spread so quickly, not the morbidity rate. So far this virus has caused more deaths in a few months than the last 17yr since corona type diseases have been transferring to humans.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

sometimes i feel like i might have corona because i have to clear my throat and maybe alittle tired. maybe a dry throat. idk
                    but sometimes i think it's just in my head and i feel perfect.

is it just me
                    yea i'm scared of it.

pig/bird flu i saw it was in the news for alittle bit but never really saw anything come of it wasn't really aware of those ones.
                    like nothing was happening but i guess allot of people died from it huh?

Comment

I'm hoping there's some sort of rider in the airline bailout that prohibits them from wasting all of their cash on hand artificially inflating their stock prices through buybacks this time around

I hate how we have all of these too-big-to-fail entities and have to keep paying out of our pockets to help them when the people running them put short term and bonuses before anything else.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                        I hate how we have all of these too-big-to-fail entities and have to keep paying out of our pockets to help them when the people running them put short term and bonuses before anything else.
                        Was that one of the riders that the Dems were trying to put in place prior to signing off on the bill?

I know the Reps were all pissy because of the flat dollar amount they were going to pay nationwide saying that some people will make more money being unemployed than employed... its not like its a permanent thing!

Back onto the nonsense... am I the only one who is afraid to sneeze or cough anytime Im outdoor? I feel like people will flee from the scene if that were to happen
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Today all of the county public parks are closed. It really sucks, because the parks are big and one of the few things I was getting out of the house to do was go to the RC airfield and fly my planes and multirotors. I ordered a set of floats for one of my planes yesterday so I can fly it off the lake behind my house. The grass between the shore and the fences of the yards adjacent is too sloped and rutted to make nice landings so it was making my from-home flying kind of sketchy, especially when there was a crosswind or tailwind for the one approach I have for landing.

Was that one of the riders that the Dems were trying to put in place prior to signing off on the bill?

I know the Reps were all pissy because of the flat dollar amount they were going to pay nationwide saying that some people will make more money being unemployed than employed... its not like its a permanent thing!
                          I dunno I don't want to get political and have no interest in either party's handling of this honestly.

Back onto the nonsense... am I the only one who is afraid to sneeze or cough anytime Im outdoor? I feel like people will flee from the scene if that were to happen
                          I have seasonal allergies every spring, I've been sneezing (which I do very well, scaring the crap out of my wife) and coughing for weeks. Can't help it. I just cough into the neck of my shirt to contain it and not bug people. Helps that I've only been in public like 3 times since the pandemic started, it's easier to suppress the cough for a short trip to the auto parts store or Target.
                          Last edited by varg; 03-26-2020, 08:50 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                            I have seasonal allergies every spring, I've been sneezing (which I do very well, scaring the crap out of my wife) and coughing for weeks. Can't help it. I just cough into the neck of my shirt to contain it and not bug people. Helps that I've only been in public like 3 times since the pandemic started, it's easier to suppress the cough for a short trip to the auto parts store or Target.
                            Same here likely a dust allergy for me and every morning upon arriving at work within 10-15 minutes I would sneeze. Just a dusty office. Every day. When this whole thing started the guy who sits at the cubicle next to me (but more behind me) sent me a message via a messenger system my work has espressing his concern over my sneeze. I literally turned around and stared at him and he wouldnt look at me... I couldnt believe it
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^^^lol

We got the stay at home order to start at midnight. Local doctor passed at the hospital my 3rd baby was born. :(
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:

Comment

Our Lockdown (Stay at home orders), started last night at midnight. All non essential business ordered to close for 21 days. All social gatherings are prohibited. If the spread of the virus can not be contained, the lockdown would continue for longer.
                                1990 325i
                                2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X