No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E39 M5's are already on the rise, I think the next neo-classic will be a sorted E9X. CF roof coupes being the most valuable.

Personally I'd love a sedan. The rod bearings and valve actuators don't worry me. It's expensive, but a well documented pattern failure.
    Otherwise, it's the last N/A M3, and one of the last manual cars. They will definitely be worth something.
    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

I'd like it. Though a SS 1LE is also high on the list but is more expensive...
      1LE SS is so much faster, and handles so good. It's really fantastic.
      It's just got GM plastic interior, which isn't terrible, and terrible rear view. All minor complaints compared to raw LS powah!
      I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Im also not buying the 3500# claim... doesnt matter though its not a car for me. If I was going to get a "big, heavy" sedan it would be a C63, but that really will never happen either hah
        Worth it for the engine note alone.
        I do things.

Comment

First gen C63s can now regularly be had for less than an E39 M5. Do those cheapie MBs have deferred maintenance/are ready for a major failure, definitely.

Comment

Call me a Hotboi but I think these cars look really great with some factory BMW areo parts from there race cars. M235ir wing and a GTS front lip ($$$) also BBS E88 are very period for these cars and look insane.

91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

You'd be surprised, but an e39 feels way nimbler than the e9x

plus more torque, which totally lacks in the e9x. But, the 100hp per litre is impressive.

I would also opt for the e39.
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

1LE SS is so much faster, and handles so good. It's really fantastic.
                It's just got GM plastic interior, which isn't terrible, and terrible rear view. All minor complaints compared to raw LS powah!
                <3 would love one.

speaking of e39 M5...I miss mine *sad face*
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I like E92 M3s a lot, the high revving NA V8 just does it for me. But they are also kinda weird. From certain angles they look great, from others they look kinda off, like the red one with the spoiler above. It just looks weird from the door handles back, the tall quarter panel and high trunkline make the rear wheel and arch look small. There are plenty of pictures where they just look bad and I think it's down to them looking slab sided. They also do not feel as fast as other mid 12s cars because of the aforementioned lack of torque.

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                  I'd like it. Though a SS 1LE is also high on the list but is more expensive...
                  I'd have the SS 1LE, terrible rear visibility be damned. It's only more expensive until the E92 M3 decides to have some expensive problems, which it will. The Camaro will no doubt be a cheaper car to own long term in addition to its massive performance advantage. Though there's also something else around that price range which is just better; C6 Z06.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  If I was going to get a "big, heavy" sedan it would be a C63, but that really will never happen either hah
                  For me it's the widebody hellcat charger. If I'm going going big and heavy, I'm going big and heavy. 4,586lbs and I could not care less about that number in this case because it is the best looking sedan on the market and it is just an overall nutty car. Dodge had me disappointed with how portly and slow the challenger was, then they came out with the Hellcats and I get it, and I'm all for it. Big power to go with the aggressive look, but with no teutonic BS like impossibly cramped hot V engines or engine bearings that wear out in the time it takes some cars to go through a set of brake pads.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ca-times.brightspotcdn.com.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.0 KB ID:	9948526
                  Last edited by varg; 09-01-2020, 07:29 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

Melon approved. Same color as my GMC, so I can share a touch-up pen.

I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                      For me it's the widebody hellcat charger. If I'm going going big and heavy, I'm going big and heavy. 4,586lbs and I could not care less about that number in this case because it is the best looking sedan on the market and it is just an overall nutty car. Dodge had me disappointed with how portly and slow the challenger was, then they came out with the Hellcats and I get it, and I'm all for it. Big power to go with the aggressive look, but with no teutonic BS like impossibly cramped hot V engines or engine bearings that wear out in the time it takes some cars to go through a set of brake pads.
                      $50k Dodge?... Im good. If my ONLY goal was the fastest sedan this would be a smart buy except that it still gets beat by a Tesla sooo... losing that battle too. I would never get a Tesla though

At least with a NA Benz V8 or BMW you are sitting in a nice cabin

There must be something weird with me because Im not chasing the car thats the fastest, I need something that puts a smile on my face. Hell, my C350 was fast enough to get me into trouble and it had less than 300bhp...

Someone send help, I think somethings wrong with me.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

You can get in to trouble with 62hp. It's not so much about the car as it is about the driver. Also, numbers are just that, and they're pretty meaningless if the car is unappealing.

Comment

You know what else is a awesome car IMO

I saw one of these last night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chevrolet_ss(3).ashx?modified=20190530131418.jpg
Views:	1290
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	9948663
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I've sat inside a ZL1 ILe. Very nice car the interior is 10x better than what I expected. The recaros are so stiff and everything is solid. I just don't like the rear visibility.
                            91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                            Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                            E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                            "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Man parts are starting to dry up. Try to find an early model 325 radiator, Koni shocks, CRP hoses etc. :(
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                                You know what else is a awesome car IMO

I saw one of these last night.
                                As a bonus, most people paying attention seem to think it's a cop car, so they move aside.

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                                Man parts are starting to dry up. Try to find an early model 325 radiator, Koni shocks, CRP hoses etc. :(
                                Bummer, but bound to happen, and I'm sure we'll see an across the board markup.

Comment

Working...
                                X