No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well then obviously they are fitting for my car?

Comment

CWU ftmfw.
      M Coupe

Comment

I haven't been listening, wth did you dodo to your control arm?!?
        Been with me for 16 years...
        sigpic
        Wish i had more time to play with her

Comment

He r3ved his car, Hippy.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            Well control arms on car, I added a thin coat of grease to the shafts then slid them in.
            Now you get the joy of taking it all apart and re-doing it. The shafts are tapered and are a compression fit into the strut housing and subframe. That's why they don't drop out when you remove the top nuts. You need to clean the grease off really well and reinstall them.
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

^ Thanks for noticing that Ken, otherwise I never would of redone it. I had asked here and somebody had said that that wouldn't be a bad idea. No big deal, I havn't torqued them down yet or anything.
              Last edited by 5Toes; 01-30-2012, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Well, my amp took a shit. Time to buy another one. Looking for ~500w and preferably 1 or 2 channels. Anyone have one for sale?

Comment

Been browsing the IE website for a few minutes, I am quite tempted to spend an awful lot of money lol

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                  Bluebird Bus Conversion
                  New Oregon Trail

Comment

Cut my front springs today to M3 spec

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                      Now you get the joy of taking it all apart and re-doing it.
                      lol

Comment

Oh boy...

Comment

For all the haters... people put m3 springs on their car often.

Stock 325i*-----------------------106------------------------245
                          Stock 325is*----------------------118------------------------265
                          Stock 325ix*----------------------106------------------------308
                          Stock M3*-------------------------114------------------------314

Those are the stock spring rates. Notice how the m3 is ever so slightly higher in the front? The m3 and m20 cars have the same front springs, just the m3 has 1 coil off. Same wire thickness, same diameter... and the higher spring rate makes sense because cutting springs increases spring rate a little.

Comment

Same thing I wrote on your fb post:{sigh}

Comment

^(5toes)you have the odd ability of being able to talk yourself into thinking you know something about something.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                                ^(5toes)you have the odd ability of being able to talk yourself into thinking you know something about something.
                                Rofl hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X