Clear All

Fire?
    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
    Originally posted by roguetoaster
    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I had a fire in my engine bay. I managed to save the car but still. :/

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

been thinking about picking up a purple K fire extinguisher for the daily for that reason. sorry to hear abe

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          been thinking about picking up a purple K fire extinguisher for the daily for that reason
          With your luck, you better, especially if you give a shit about the car. I keep one in the race car and one in Eleanor #becauseracecar
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

fromwhat I understand the purple k formula wont damage electronics or leave nasty residue when you use it. the alternative is halguard but that shit aint cheap

Comment

If you have a fire, the electronics are the least of your worries. You just want to get it put out before it can do damage to you...

Then I would worry more about metal distortion and over heating then the electrical.

The Electrical harness is probably going to be crispy anyways since it most often is the cause of fires. You'll probably be replacing it anyways, but any fire that changes the structural make up of the metal (it doesn't take much) is waaay harder to overcome.
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Get whatever extinguisher you want. Just remember where the fuck it is when you really need it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Abe if you need a harness I've got a pretty minty one out of a 91 is.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I've been hoarding some engine bay stuff too so if I have something you need, you are welcome to it.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
                    sigpic
                    Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

I'm just super glad he was able to stop it before it got worse. We've all seen those videos, that shit spreads incredibly quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Fuckin A! Shit got really hairy when I couldn't pop the hood open with the release lever to fight the fire. Had to go through the front with a screwdriver.

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Was it the fuel lines? No joke I had nightmares about it. Was so happy when I changed it
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
                            Alpha team is cursed
                            Aye text me when you get a chance....I'll have a motor you can have. For free. Cuz #Alphateam
                            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Happy thanksgiving r3v.
                              Hank Ahrens
                              1984 Alpine Coupe
                              1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                                Anybody know if e36 fuse holders will work in e30?
                                I'm contemplating ordering an oem e36 heated seat wiring harness to go with my e36 vaders and oem vader Heat pads... Or I order the harness and wire it into something else, but it would be cool if I could do it the oem way...

Edit: the oem way to retrofit the e36 harness involves taking apart the fuse and relay box to add in the fuse in the box so it's like it came that at from factory.
                                The OEM harness won't come with the wires that lead all the way to the fuse box. There will likely be a plug somewhere not far from the seat. Wires in the fuse box would be part of the main body harness.

Fuse #16 in an E30 is for heated seats. I would wire them in there and make it like factory. Thee might even be wiring already in place in an e30 for heated seats, I don't know. If there are terminals in the fuse box, there is a good chance there is more wiring for them int the cabin.

Comment

Working...
                                X