Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    The real villain's are Hedge Funds who are buying up the properties. Cali-transplants arent the major issue, its the REIT market that are overbidding with their inflated cash offers. They want the rental income. They want renters. Rather than selling, use the equity you gain in your property to buy more property. Thats the only way to "win"...

Our Townhouse isnt a forever home, but our starter home. Im upgrading with the idea of spending in the right areas to make it a nicer place now for us, but a valuable rental when we're ready to upgrade.

People are quick to point their finger at CA when the real problem is on the other side of the coast... Wall St.
    This is so funny... this conversation you have had here, I wish I had read it sooner! I was out for lunch in Downtown Riverside, and was approached by some lady with a microphone. She was looking for people who had moved out of LA to the Inland Empire (the ugly desert side of LA for those who are unfamiliar). A few hours later that day, I was on tv! I'm the awkward one who said I would like to buy a house out here. I lied, F this place.

I had spoken a lot more about the lack of development in the area, how the cities are failing to support the increase of residency, and the one freeway that carries all of us simply can't... and how there's like nothing do to here, compared to LA... they didn't use any of that for their narrative. Bummer. But I would like to have spoken up about the increase in rentals due to the big money snagging up all the housing. I've read into that prior. They still probably wouldn't have used that in their news either.

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I have a coworker who's incompetence is starting to make me look bad...

When stupidity spreads, we all suffer lol
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Sup
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Monica
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Last week it was in the 60*s and sunny, this week it's back down in the 30*s and snowing. Gotta love Michigan.
            My Feedback

Comment

Its a blistering cold 64* here in LA right now
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Are you guys really talking about the weather? You must be really bored at "work."

To spice things up, just about finished a side project on a neighbor's house. Along with another neighbor we chopped a 6'x6' hole in the center of their roof and added a cupola. Total actual work time was something like 6 weekends, including a new roof (which I installed personally), and the two of us had helper one helper each for a grand total of three days.

We actually have the trim and paint done on the interior too, but I don't have a pic of those for some reason. Will be sure to get a night shot since we also added up firing LED strips in the cupola window sills.

Comment

Ooooo pretty! Nice job!

Currently building a badass coffee table
                  Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

WTF is that 'cupola' for? bird trap?
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      WTF is that 'cupola' for? bird trap?
                      Allegedly for light, which it provides quite nicely, but there are far easier/cheaper ways to get that, so I'll say it's really a project for the preservation of their marital bliss after 30+ years. Or perhaps the last photo highlights the reason why quite perfectly, simply because the neighbor has one.

Comment

I dig the cupola, I'd want a little floor in it and a ladder though so I could use it as an observation dome.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Or perhaps the last photo highlights the reason why quite perfectly, simply because the neighbor has one.
                          But theirs is bigger (higher)...

Gotta admit never knew what a cupola was before this. Looks like quality work.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

This is all I got out of this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A1FA1F98-350C-4079-82B3-303EC5B856CB.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	10051676

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

But theirs is bigger (higher)...

Gotta admit never knew what a cupola was before this. Looks like quality work.
                              Yep, it's a small neighborhood where everyone has been there for 20+ years, so they may be slightly competitive.

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                              This is all I got out of this.
                              Made sure to add that to see if anyone was looking, and it is r3v after all.

Comment

R3V DNA is still here. Just thin.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                                @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                                X