Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

So, how much do you get from BaT annually?
    Just headaches lol... I actually applied for a job to help clean up their mess. No response

Ironically Im here cleaning up messes all the time and get paid the same. zero
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I hope to have some updates soon. I repainted my floor, and breaking in new motor next week on the dyno, then swapping to ITBs, remap on dyno. Did morimoto H1 projector and laminx, picking up full carbon hood this weekend! Can’t wait to The Vintage break week. Been doing 3-5h sleep nights for too many week strait.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

moatilliatta do you have a goal in mind as far as power?
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

300 whp

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
            300 whp
            Thats pretty good. A lot of the modified S52s I see on BaT with dyno's dont get to that, but they arent nearly as modified as yours
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

I would need new tires every couple months with 300whp lol

Originally posted by wholepailofwater
              Q
              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

I think the most of the legacy NA build S52s cap out in the 260s whp.
                That's with the classic "sunbelts, 11:1, euro maf" kind of combo, so hopefully the ITBs and the extra effort net you some significant gains.
                At this point I'd be surprised if there's anything I can say that would be news to you though lol
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I got 260 on the S50 with terrible cam timing.

It’s still S50 just now with 11.5 cp pistons and 140mm rods and room to set cams up to the cam card.

the sunbelt kits on stock s52 bottom ends I’ve herd will do 275. That’s what’s most the hot BMW CCA IP cars were running.

I think the ITB kit on a stock motor is worth close to 15-20 HP.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

I like news, spill it.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

300whp NA in an E30 sounds amazing. How high will that engine rev? The ATI damper hints at some 8,000rpm action. I was initially building my wagon's bottom end for an 8,000rpm future, mimicking Nisse Jarnet's build. I decided $950 for a damper, $1200 for cams, and probably $3,000 in head work wasn't worth turning my daily driven 3,700lb wagon into a gutless wonder with no low end because the cams killed torque off boost and required VANOS lockout. What good is 750whp on E85 when I'll probably barely be able to put 600whp down with my barely streetable rear tires.

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      I would need new tires every couple months with 300whp lol
                      With good tires you have to go out of your way to break them loose at 300whp, especially with NA torque. 200TW summer tire enjoyers rise up

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 1-26

Comment

^ Remember he used a stock M54 damper (I assume the one-piece version) but yeah, that's still just a drop in the bucket.

Edit: Thinking about the white RWD car, not the iX. Not sure about that one.
                        Last edited by Northern; 04-29-2022, 07:00 AM.

Comment

It's also a 2.8, not a 3L. Conventional wisdom is that the M54/S52 crank is... unhappy... above 7,200rpm.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                            With good tires you have to go out of your way to break them loose at 300whp, especially with NA torque. 200TW summer tire enjoyers rise up
                            Its quite surprising how much of a difference the tires can make
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                              It's also a 2.8, not a 3L. Conventional wisdom is that the M54/S52 crank is... unhappy... above 7,200rpm.
                              I think the popular theory is that the 3.2's second harmonic is just low enough that it becomes a problem.
                              Easy enough to prove but I don't think anyone has done it.

Comment

What surprises me is how often I see people with lame-o tires when they've dumped thousands into performance mods for the car.

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                                I think the popular theory is that the 3.2's second harmonic is just low enough that it becomes a problem.
                                Easy enough to prove but I don't think anyone has done it.
                                Vibration analysis requires some fairly cheap equipment and some basic knowledge, and it won't tell you much more than amplitude of the peaks and where they are. Torsional deflection analysis (which is relevant here) requires expensive equipment and more knowledge. It's not likely anyone who builds engines as a hobby is going to do that. FEM of the crank itself is also not easy and would be quite expensive because of the software requirements unless we find an engineering student or an engineer who can load the models up at work (I can't).
                                Last edited by varg; 04-29-2022, 09:20 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                                '91 318is, M20 turbo
                                - updated 1-26

Comment

Working...
                                X