Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

My buddy is losing his mind because his ABS stopped working... Are the sensors specific to L/R ?
    The fronts are. They're labeled on the back.
    Autocrosses it, and mine quit working today, and the Duralast battery started leaking acid. Cleaned it up, and took it out as soon as I got home.

It starts less well than it did, but it runs like a champ.

Too much to post in here, I'll post in my autocross thread.
    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post

The fronts are. They're labeled on the back.
      Autocrosses it, and mine quit working today, and the Duralast battery started leaking acid. Cleaned it up, and took it out as soon as I got home.

It starts less well than it did, but it runs like a champ.

Too much to post in here, I'll post in my autocross thread.
      Do they make an AGM battery that works for the e30?

link to autocross thread? Edit: found it!
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

did you know if you max out a turbo and keep on forcing it to eat like that it will break?
        mine did. sounds pretty cool boosting with a broken turbo though.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
          Working on an e90 rn and BMW likes to use a lot of aluminum hardware on these n5Xs.

Customer came in for an engine vibration... Lift the car up and I see the oil pan resting on the rack. Okay, should be come collapsed mounts, right?

Nope, the aluminum bolts on the drivers side motor mount arm all ripped off and the aluminum bolts are sheared off in the block, which is right next to the frame. Plus all the aluminum hardware is TTY, so those bolts arent going to be that easy to take out.

Fs in the chat boys, this lady is fucked.

REALLY dumb on BMWs part for not making the 8 bolts that hold the whole ass engine up out of steel.
          I am always interested in the rationale behind engineering decisions though and would love to read the decision making process behind it. My guess is that it's something to do with galvanic corrosion since those blocks are a Magnesium alloy

Click image for larger version  Name:	galvanic%20series%20noble%20metals.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.6 KB ID:	9888000

If an N5X car with steel bolts in its N5X block sees winter use that car might wind up in the scrapyard faster just because of the repair alone

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

Does anyone remember which company made that pickup truck in the early 2000's with a bed that lowered vertically (hydraulically? Electrically? I don't know) to the ground?
            It didn't have a diff or rear axles, it was somehow chain drive to each wheel.

This has been bugging me forever and can't find any reference to it.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Theirs at least 3 pages of discussion in the N52 swap thread regarding the corrosion issue with motor mount arms. I'm wondering what she did to shear them... alot of cars N5x motors have seen alot of abuse and I've never heard of this problem.
              91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Kind of like a tail lift on a box truck, but it was a pickup, and the entire bed instead of just the tailgate
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

so my Roadster finally got delivered to House Kyushu Taka. AAA was supposed to pick it up on Thursday at 10am, but when they dicked me around and ultimately told me they would arrive at 2pm I had to reschedule it to today and they still showed up an hour late. I am just relieved that the car is finally in the hands of the best person in Southern California to fix it... Cant wait to drive it
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    so my Roadster finally got delivered to House Kyushu Taka. AAA was supposed to pick it up on Thursday at 10am, but when they dicked me around and ultimately told me they would arrive at 2pm I had to reschedule it to today and they still showed up an hour late. I am just relieved that the car is finally in the hands of the best person in Southern California to fix it... Cant wait to drive it
                    woot woot

gotta go on a drive soon.

Finally took the e30 out and abused it a lil bit this past sunday.

Would be more funner with more frands
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

How is it that tow truck drivers are consistently flying around at well over the speed limit in their trucks, tailgating and lane switching like they're driving in GTA, and yet they are never, ever on time? I swear there is not an industry I have been exposed to where the people are more consistently terrible at what they do than the towing industry. Every person I know who has needed a tow has had to wait hours for it, and some even wound up with damage to their cars from the tow.
                      Last edited by varg; 11-25-2019, 05:19 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                      '91 318is, M20 turbo
                      [CoTM: 4-18]
                      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                      - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                        How is it that tow truck drivers are consistently flying around at well over the speed limit in their trucks, tailgating and lane switching like they're driving in GTA, and yet they are never, ever on time? I swear there is not an industry I have been exposed to where the people are as consistently terrible at what they do than the towing industry. Every person I know who has needed a tow has had to wait hours for it, and some even wound up with damage to their cars from the tow.
                        No joke, this is what happened to me today:

Scheduled arrival 8:25am. @ 8:30am I called AAA to see where the F they are.
                        -AAA Operator: The driver is saying he has arrived on the scene.
                        -Me: He must be on the other side of the building, I told them to come to W St, not H St
                        -AAA Operator: Let me check. <pause> Driver is reporting he is 3 miles away getting fuel and will be there in 15-20 minutes.
                        -Me: Umm ok...

20 minutes later. Phone rings, I recognize the phone number as being the same as the other day
                        -Tow Yard Operator: Hello Mr Simon, I wanted to let you know our driver is 3 miles away getting fuel and will arrive in 15-20.
                        -Me: THATS EXACTLY WHAT AAA SAID 20 MINUTES AGO....
                        -Tow Yard Operator: Well, Im just letting you know where he is.
                        -Me: OK, well you're not going to call me back in 20 minutes to tell me this again, right?
                        -Tow Yard Operator: Yes.

20 minutes later I call the Tow Yard Operator number
                        -Me: Where is the truck?
                        -Tow Yard Operator: Driver is saying he has arrived on the scene.
                        -Me: Is he on H St? Ive repeated told you that the car is on the other side of the building on W St.
                        -Tow Yard Operator: Ok, let me let him know. Hangs up.

2 minutes later the truck arrives. Its 9:15am...

I made sure to complain about to AAA both times and told them I wanted a Supervisor to call me back. Lets see if they do...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

https://www.vwvortex.com/features/pr...hooting-brake/

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen-Shot-2019-09-23-at-3.54.31-PM-copy-1000x500.png Views:	0 Size:	389.3 KB ID:	9888142

That's pretty cool... ....until you gotta work on it
                          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

How is it that tow truck drivers are consistently flying around at well over the speed limit in their trucks, tailgating and lane switching like they're driving in GTA, and yet they are never, ever on time? I swear there is not an industry I have been exposed to where the people are more consistently terrible at what they do than the towing industry. Every person I know who has needed a tow has had to wait hours for it, and some even wound up with damage to their cars from the tow.
                            They don't lose business by being terrible, apparently. It's not like you're going to call a different tow truck, who will then taken another hour to come get you.

I've also seen/heard of vast quantities of predatory practices by towing companies, especially against students and disadvantaged people.

Comment

I'm really surprised by this. Tow truck drivers are always the nicest, most professional, cautious and courteous people you'll ever meet.
                              And their dispatchers and parent companies are the pinnacle of customer service.
                              I do things.

Comment

The speeding is partly due to every customer that calls in for a tow thinks that they are the only person in the world that is broke down and needs a tow. Everyone has the idea that we know when their car is going to break down and should be there as soon as it does. ETA's change due to police calls and traffic. If you call for a plumber or electrician it is hours for them to arrive but everyone is ok with that. Towing you also get what you pay for everyone wants it done cheap.
                                "It's a M sport, it has M logos on it."
                                -Miata Driving Douche-

Comment

Working...
                                X