Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Anyone built a rollcage before? Doing my first one...I'm so lost...
    What are you building the car for?
    Can you weld?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post

What are you building the car for?
      Can you weld?
      building it for my 2002 race car. I got all the tubing bent its just a matter of trimming and fitting. I need to build step box mounts to get the main hoop closer to the roof as flat mounts dont have it in a spot I like. I can weld not my first there just haven't welded in a roll cage before. I've been reading up to try and figure out how I'm gonna tackle it. The biggest issue I'm trying to figure out is when I put the main hoop on its boxes to get the proper length and notch for the A pillar(windshield hoop) how should i go about dropping the cage down to weld it 360. once the main hoop and a pillars are in and tacked it should be smooth sailing from there.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
        I'm back. Bored at work and the E30 still sits in the garage engineless.
        Hell-ooooo Holland!
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

As long as they aren't in my way, I don't pay them any mind. I usually lift between classes when I have a break, don't have time for people to be hogging racks or machines.

Currently nursing a shoulder injury. I have a previous AC joint separation and now some issue in my internal shoulder. I was careful with it too, didn't do anything differently between right and left and the right is hurt and the left is fine. Haven't been able to do any presses in a couple of months, I hate it so much. Probably going to need surgery.
          Been getting physical therapy?
          Shoulders are all held together with muscle--unlike ankles, knees and hips--so correcting neurological inhibition is a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post

building it for my 2002 race car. I got all the tubing bent its just a matter of trimming and fitting. I need to build step box mounts to get the main hoop closer to the roof as flat mounts dont have it in a spot I like. I can weld not my first there just haven't welded in a roll cage before. I've been reading up to try and figure out how I'm gonna tackle it. The biggest issue I'm trying to figure out is when I put the main hoop on its boxes to get the proper length and notch for the A pillar(windshield hoop) how should i go about dropping the cage down to weld it 360. once the main hoop and a pillars are in and tacked it should be smooth sailing from there.
            Tack it all together, then remove the plinth blocks, weld the tops of the joints, then lift the cage and slide the boxes underneath. Built many many cages, have an e30 main hoop actually sitting on the welding table right now, even.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
              Been getting physical therapy?
              Shoulders are all held together with muscle--unlike ankles, knees and hips--so correcting neurological inhibition is a big deal.
              It is most likely more than physical therapy will solve; a tear of some sort. I have been doing what physical therapy would be; light exercises to strengthen the shoulder, and haven't completely stopped lifting of course, I just don't do presses. But I haven't even seen a doctor for it yet, was too busy during the semester and was unable to get an appointment over break so far. It's still giving me difficulty but not pain, just soreness.

I need further diagnosis imo, there's an obvious problem in my asymmetrical shoulders; the result of the AC joint separation is visible. But it's not a pulled muscle, I've done that before, and it healed a lot faster.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

does your shoulder click and pop or just pain?
                all my joints pop and click but doesn't hurt.
                knees every thing in the hand shoulders elbows just moving them pops everything.

Comment

It pops occasionally and it's not perfectly smooth through part of the range of motion. The pain is only under load, but there's an almost constant low level soreness.

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  [CoTM: 4-18]
                  '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

Been absent for a while. Went to Miami for a friend's wedding.

But mostly popping in to say Happy New Year everyone!
                    I do things.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191228_150947_01.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	9895471
                      I do things.

Comment

You come to say Happy New Year and post that. Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                          he was just practicing his twerking for later that night in the club

Comment

Happy new year, hoes
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191228_150947_01.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	9895471

GET IT!
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                                I shit post with the best of them, yes.
                                I do things.

Comment

Working...
                                X