• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

That must be a fairly new X5.
    2012 x5. only reason they covered is cause I work for them

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
      Hey all, just to keep discussion going.

What is your current stable of cars, and what is your next vehicle purchase?

Basically, are you satisfied with your fleet, or are you looking at something different for your next vehicle? If so, when are you going to purchase?

Silver E30 with the M52T - not really a daily but could daily it as long as there is minimal highway driving.
      2012 Outback 3.6R Premium - Nice daily, everything works, engine is great, transmission is awful.
      Cocaine paint jobbed 4dr e30 - swapping/tidying now

Pretty happy with it all, but I mucked a pole with the outback so now the rear bumper looks like ass and I need a taillight... probably keeping this for at least another 2 years.
      E30 needs some QOL improvements for the diff ratio and just generally everywhere, and I'll keep it forever.
      crappy E30 I'll get running and see what I want to do. Maybe I'll like it, maybe I'll sell it.

Maybe something 2000's BMW for my next car, E46, E39, maybe e90/91. Bonus points for tourings, minus points for AWD.
      Considering something small like an egolf, older mini, or throwaway Micra if I end up with a very short commute.
      This would be at least mid 2021 when I (hopefully) graduate.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Jason Cammisa loves the e-Golf
      Is this the guy from DWA with one? Haven't podcasted in a while but the name is familiar and he's the only reason I would consider one.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
        Hey all, just to keep discussion going.

What is your current stable of cars, and what is your next vehicle purchase?

Basically, are you satisfied with your fleet, or are you looking at something different for your next vehicle? If so, when are you going to purchase?
        2018 GMC Canyon
        2014 BMW 328i
        1987 BMW 325

I like the comfort of the 328, and the E30 is a classic, but I'm wanting for a more focused driving experience.
        I see a Boxster S or Cayman S, 987.2 models have become pretty affordable.

Sad thing is, I'm out of space. Garage is full, driveway is full. :(
        I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          varg if you end up with a long commute, you should look into a 335D I think it will check many boxes for you
          Are they any good though? Seems like there's a hell of a lot to go wrong on aging modern cars in general, let alone BMWs. If I'm going to buy a car that needs excess care and caution; it sure as hell wouldn't be a late 2000s BMW.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

Are they any good though? Seems like there's a hell of a lot to go wrong on aging modern cars in general, let alone BMWs. If I'm going to buy a car that needs excess care and caution; it sure as hell wouldn't be a late 2000s BMW.
            They seem fine, but even a modified car seems to just be boring. Sure, it makes fun wooshy noises, rolls coal, gets good MPG, and handles well, but the auto is tragic in those cars even though the gearbox is basically fine.

Comment

They're all autos? Incredibly lame.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              - updated 3-17

Comment

A local guy manual swapped his and has it flashed and it is stupid fast. Somewhere in the 550wtq range. I'd honestly spring for just about any e9x with a manual and sport package.

Comment

Yea there are several things that you can do to make them more reliable, more efficient and if you are wild, more pedal action! lol

Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Still bang up at work. Really miss reading and posting here more often. :(

Did a P.M. on a fleet box truck today, banged it out in a touch over 1hr, 3.4hr book time! If I didn't have this luxury, couldn't afford to be affordable to work on e30's. Catch 22. lol Really could use a good helper.

john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                      Really could use a good helper.
                      Hang on, I'll drop out of grad school and come work for you. I'm over it.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Still bang up at work. Really miss reading and posting here more often. :(

Did a P.M. on a fleet box truck today, banged it out in a touch over 1hr, 3.4hr book time! If I didn't have this luxury, couldn't afford to be affordable to work on e30's. Catch 22. lol Really could use a good helper.
                        Sounds like your garage is probably in an industrial space, which is awesome for that quick pick up business, as long as your neighbors pay their invoices. As to a helper, I'd think with the labor market as is you might actually be able to bring in a quality tech/writer on a few days a week sort of basis.

Comment

They pay immediately. Yeah, befriended the commercial movers and they drop these kind of jobs on me all the time (as well as the employee personal cars). Just did an engine change in the owner's Jeep, oil bypass relief piston broke in half and it lost oil pressure. Then, the engine he bought failed, so had to do it again (I got paid 2x, the engine supplier is reimbursing him for 75% the labor). Many times their lift gates get stuck, so have to tend to them etc. Nice little jobs that pay well.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                            A local guy manual swapped his and has it flashed and it is stupid fast. Somewhere in the 550wtq range. I'd honestly spring for just about any e9x with a manual and sport package.
                            It'll stay in the back of my mind. Not sure I ever want to deal with the hassle of a transmission swap in a modern CAN-everything car where everything is locked down and networked

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

They pay immediately. Yeah, befriended the commercial movers and they drop these kind of jobs on me all the time (as well as the employee personal cars). Just did an engine change in the owner's Jeep, oil bypass relief piston broke in half and it lost oil pressure. Then, the engine he bought failed, so had to do it again (I got paid 2x, the engine supplier is reimbursing him for 75% the labor). Many times their lift gates get stuck, so have to tend to them etc. Nice little jobs that pay well.
                              Good to hear. Don't spend too much time in the parking lot sabotaging their vehicles...

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

It'll stay in the back of my mind. Not sure I ever want to deal with the hassle of a transmission swap in a modern CAN-everything car where everything is locked down and networked
                                There was definitely some off the shelf flash he bought that took care of that. Not sure what sort of wiring was involved though (if any).

Comment

Working...
                                X