Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post

Nah, I wouldn't respond like that. I try to build a pawn structure but then what happens is mid game things will be going ok until some flagrant blunder loses me my queen or something. Reminds of when I'd take a math exam and despite doing everything correctly I'd forget to put the negative sign somewhere or write 'cos' instead of 'csc.' That constant absent-mindedness is why I gave up wanting to become an engineer. Anyway, I've only played about a dozen games so far to see where I'm at and get a feel for it, sometimes just trying random things to see how it plays out. I've watched a few grandmaster games for inspiration but right now I'm just interested in experimenting and learning for myself what the dummy moves are. I've had a couple games where I ran into time issues but I think I'm okay in that regard.
    Ah! I didn't realize you have only played so few games. This is totally normal. I was the same way, 10,000+ games ago.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Sounds like me and E30 Wagen should play against each other haha

Hows everyone doing? Im tired of the MR2 not being 100% and it goes against my budgeting habits but Im about to do a "F it" order of $1000+ worth of stuff so I can replace the last of the 250k+ mile parts off the car and get some sticky tires
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Hows everyone doing? Im tired of the MR2 not being 100% and it goes against my budgeting habits but Im about to do a "F it" order of $1000+ worth of stuff so I can replace the last of the 250k+ mile parts off the car and get some sticky tires
        If you do send me a link if you can to watch live.

I'm kind of tired of getting filthy cleaning this LM7 for the M3, so I have decided to drop it off at a local engine shop to clean and look over and do some small things to. It just isn't fun enough for me and it is kind of making it hard to make progress. So I am going to let someone more capable handle it for me so I can keep moving along.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

As I get older, my motivation for working on my vehicles is falling... I blame video games...
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
            ^Looks like it's a points file and road flares for Christmas this year
            Nah. Came as a roller with trans. I had a used case laying around, along with some new 88mm jugs (punches it to 1678), 110 cam, new counter-weighted 69mm crank and dual port heads. Since I don't have any intakes, carbs etc, will probably throw some IDE offset manifolds, DCOE-style FI TB's, and coil on plug and run it with MS. She is beside herself - brought all the parts home, she set a table up in her room and is reading my original Benley that I bought in the 90's lol. She asked if she is allowed to highlight stuff - the book looks like it's from the 90's. Haha

john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

OH, and I can speak y'alls gaming language:

I got to the 640 and e4 to the up, up, down, down, left, right, left right, A, B, B, A for the c56 p45.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                As I get older, my motivation for working on my vehicles is falling... I blame video games...
                My buddy convinced several of us to buy a Nintendo switch, and its been a solid distraction...
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

My buddy convinced several of us to buy a Nintendo switch, and its been a solid distraction...
                  haha, some friends at work have these too. With the studying I've been doing and me wanting to spend time with my baby girl(19months now) just dont want to spend anymore time away.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

Been keeping busy.

Finally making real progress on my cars. This quarantine really changed me.. exercising daily, making music daily, pushing myself at work and seeing the fruits of my labor ripen is really pushing me to keep on keeping on.

I'm tired as fuck tho. The only time I sit down and veg out is Sunday when I'm watching foot ball..

I used to be a big gamer, but watching my friends do the 8/8/8 (8 hours of sleep, work, video games) really opened my eyes and I don't want to give time to any of that like I used to. I don't think I've touched a game in over a month and I've gotten a lot done while feeling more energetic.

Also, I used to be the guy that would set those out of reach goals, kinda like the aim for the stars and see how far you'll get, but I've changed my sentiment on all that and set realistic goals. Really helped in the longevity of my motivation on each project.

After work at the shop, I can be beat and taking on another big task was just overwhelming.

With the change I've been noticing more progress and the motivation amplifies when I hit those goals that are more likely to be accomplished in the allocated time. Plus, now I'm traveling a lot, because I can spare the time, since I'm not dicking off after work.

Been to 9 states this quarantine and going to texas this friday.

Really taking advantage of those cheap ass flights.. Round trip (non stop) to austin this weekend on jet blue was 75 bucks lol

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Been keeping busy.

Finally making real progress on my cars. This quarantine really changed me.. exercising daily, making music daily, pushing myself at work and seeing the fruits of my labor ripen is really pushing me to keep on keeping on.

I'm tired as fuck tho. The only time I sit down and veg out is Sunday when I'm watching foot ball..

I used to be a big gamer, but watching my friends do the 8/8/8 (8 hours of sleep, work, video games) really opened my eyes and I don't want to give time to any of that like I used to. I don't think I've touched a game in over a month and I've gotten a lot done while feeling more energetic.

Also, I used to be the guy that would set those out of reach goals, kinda like the aim for the stars and see how far you'll get, but I've changed my sentiment on all that and set realistic goals. Really helped in the longevity of my motivation on each project.

After work at the shop, I can be beat and taking on another big task was just overwhelming.

With the change I've been noticing more progress and the motivation amplifies when I hit those goals that are more likely to be accomplished in the allocated time. Plus, now I'm traveling a lot, because I can spare the time, since I'm not dicking off after work.

Been to 9 states this quarantine and going to texas this friday.

Really taking advantage of those cheap ass flights.. Round trip (non stop) to austin this weekend on jet blue was 75 bucks lol
                      that's great to hear! Also, what part of texas? Im outside of dallas
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

Do it! I'm still dragging my feet getting tires for the E30 because a set of 225/45/16 tires is over $600 and then I need to throw mounting, balancing and an alignment into the mix. It's almost like I'm waiting for a job offer before I give myself permission to do it, but I know it needs to be done because I can barely drive my car anymore with its rear tires almost slick. Fingers crossed about that job

225/45/16 tire selection sucks btw

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                        Since I don't have any intakes, carbs etc, will probably throw some IDE offset manifolds, DCOE-style FI TB's, and coil on plug and run it with MS. She is beside herself - brought all the parts home, she set a table up in her room and is reading my original Benley that I bought in the 90's lol. She asked if she is allowed to highlight stuff - the book looks like it's from the 90's. Haha
                        Aww you're spoiling her Megasquirt equipped beetle, now that's one I haven't seen before and I tuned a megasquirt in a motorhome once.
                        Last edited by varg; 11-05-2020, 05:47 AM.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        [CoTM: 4-18]
                        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post

225/45/16 tire selection sucks btw
                          preach.

Getting desperate and buying Toyo T1Rs then wondering why they don't grip very well even in a 225 or 245...
                          When I have the money, I'm going back to 15's.
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Is decently wide 15" tire selection any better? Looking at 225/50/15 I'm seeing fewer choices than for 225/45/16. I'm probably just going to wind up getting the Dunlop ZIIIs, who knows how much they'll cost through a shop, but I really need the 200 treadwear class's traction and I don't want to stretch or run a significantly smaller than 24" diameter.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

If you think the 225/45/16 selection sucks imagine what happens when you want to pair it with a either a 195/50/15 for the front... I basically have either a R888R or for a bit more a Yokohama Advan. Id love to get the Yokohama but its going to be over $200/tire by the time they are mounted, the R888R is ~$150/tire
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

I don't think there's much beyond 225 width in a 15 unless you get into like R888's and the like only. Charlie is running 245/40R15 in whatever the sticky Nankang offering is, and I think there are a few options but not like 225. It's also 5% undersize if that matters to you.

Edit: I also don't know how the math works out between a standard diameter 225/50R15 and a wider but 5% undersize 245/40R15.
                                Can't be far off, and the undersize is probably nicer for a NA car, but I don't think the contact patch is larger on the 245
                                Last edited by Northern; 11-09-2020, 05:57 PM.
                                Originally posted by priapism
                                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                                Originally posted by shameson
                                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                                X